ndMail for Office 365 – The Benefits of a True Cloud Email Management that Works Anywhere Outlook Does
Apr, 21, 2020
We are in a climate where working remote has become the norm, nearly overnight. However, before the pandemic, this trend was already well underway powered by the increased adoption of cloud technologies. In fact, the 2019 ILTA Technology Survey1 revealed 70% of respondents had moved payroll solutions to the cloud, with another 66% saying they had moved email storage to the cloud. At NetDocuments, we’ve been enabling this trend for years as law firms and corporate legal teams sought true cloud expertise that delivered greater mobility and flexibility for their lawyers and teams.
ndMail meets users where they work.
ndMail, our 100% cloud architected email management system (EMS), brings ease-of-use and mobility to legal teams, as meeting legal and IT teams where they work is a critical part of what makes email management successful.
Because it’s 100% cloud-based, ndMail for Office 365 gives customers the flexibility to work anywhere Outlook works. For end users, it works on Windows, Mac, or Web. It also works on any tablet or phone, regardless of where they fall in the Android vs Apple debate. For backend IT teams, it works if your organization has already moved their exchange servers to the cloud or if you’re still running Exchange on-premises. In other words, just because ndMail is all cloud, doesn’t mean our customers’ email backend needs to be all cloud.
The benefits of a true cloud email management system.
NetDocuments has led the industry in mobility and cloud-based document and email management for the last 20 years, inspiring other document and email management vendors to endeavor to follow suit. While other solutions may offer on-premises features and attempt to achieve a true multi-tenant cloud solution, not having a fully cloud-based solution means these providers simply cannot offer the same benefits that a true-cloud based solution, like ndMail, does. These include:
- Predictions powered by artificial intelligence (AI): You want a prediction, not a suggestion. While these terms seem similar at a glance, once you get under the hood, things become very different. Suggestions are guesses and do not improve over time. On the other hand, predictions are based on past usage by everyone in the organization so they get smarter and more accurate overtime. ndMail offers email filing predictions based on AI making email filing faster and more accurate for users.
- All server-side filing: Many companies claim to be cloud based and to also offer server-side filing. However, it’s a red flag is if they ask you to install a server in your office to achieve server-side email filing. True cloud providers don’t require this of their customers. Another red flag is if they ask you to move to client-side filing. Client-sided filing requires a users’ software and device to do the heavy lifting, causing latency and providing a poor user experience. ndMail offers server-side filing because we want NetDocuments robust and proven 20 year cloud technology to do the heavy lifting to get your emails filed, not your users’ devices.
- Outlook integration everywhere: While some providers claim their solution works with Office 365, if they don’t offer the latest add-in technology, users won’t be able to file emails from Outlook to their DMS while on-the-go. To ensure that email filing is complete and efficient for users, ndMail offers Office add-in integration technology, which is the only add-in solution from Microsoft that brings anywhere availability to vendors integrating with Outlook. It’s also simple for IT teams to roll out remotely since ndMail for Office 365 can easily be deployed to all users with just a few clicks and doesn’t require any local install on users’ devices. ndMail for Office 365 works everywhere Outlook does, from anywhere in the world, on any device.
- Receive consistent, reliable search results. If you have a patchworked quilt approach to a DMS, getting consistent search results will be challenging. For example, you may get different results if you search your DMS from your EMS than you might if you searched within the DMS itself. When a vendor offers various hosted and cloud options, organizations can end up with numerous servers and databases where data gets stored and siloed. Add in acquired technology that’s not consistently or seamlessly integrated into those various platforms, and users can get different search results from the EMS compared to when searching from the DMS. With NetDocuments’ true cloud platform provides, regardless of where you query the search from, your search results are the same.
Nearly overnight many businesses have been forced to quickly adapt to a remote working norm. This pivot can be dramatic and difficult if the right technologies aren’t in place. But the shift doesn’t have to be scary or difficult if you’re working with an experienced SaaS partner. That’s where NetDocuments comes in. We can help your users continue to provide the high level of services your clients are accustomed to without missing a beat. To learn more, click here to talk with a business expert and see how we can make the switch easy and painless as possible. We are all in this together.
If you’d like to learn more about ndMail for Office 365 please click here.
ٺڳي ڪڏهن به خوشحال نٿا ٿي سگھن
You may also find these articles helpful:
- Cloud Email Management: What is it and how Office Add-ins are changing the game.
- Microsoft Office 365 Integrations: The competitive difference between COM/VSTO Add-ins and Office Add-ins