How the Leading Document and Email Management Solution Used Inspiration to Drive 2020 Success
"Great company, great products, great leadership, great people, great culture!"
"I love my team and peers. We are family, and we respect each other."
"NetDocuments encourages a good work/family balance."
"I feel respected and valued by leadership and my team."
"We work together and support/encourage each other to do our best work every day."
"From start to finish, my leaders are willing to guide me and let me try new things. This keeps work fresh, exciting, and fun so I don't burn out or get bored."
"I have clear direction in my work tasks and priorities. I also feel encouraged to put my family first and maintain a healthy work life balance."
"I work with highly motivated individuals who are smart and allow me to learn from them!"
"NetDocuments is committed to exceeding customer expectations by building leading products hosted in rock-solid environments."
"I'm empowered to try new things and think through processes and campaigns strategically. I can lean on my boss for support, but I'm not micromanaged, which is appreciated."
Challenges expose the core of what you’re made of. And while the tech industry has a reputation for changing at a rapid pace, the challenges that 2020 brought gave everyone whiplash. Like every business, our ability to pivot and move forward was put to the test as our teams worked tirelessly to help customers serve their own clients effectively.
Inspired by our own customers and partners, our team’s dedication and commitment to innovation has never wavered. This coupled with best-in-class technology means customers never question the quality of services they receive from NetDocuments. As a result, in 2020 we are proud to share the following accomplishments, announcements, and milestones.
Despite a shift in working from home overnight and unforeseen challenges, we remained true to our commitment of innovation and delivering on our promises.
In 2020, we launched over 40 new technologies and updates, all of which support security, productivity, collaboration, and business continuity. Most notable of those launched include Tasks, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and Analytics, which have been particularly beneficial in helping customers overcome their most common challenges.
Matters are becoming increasingly complex and are being demanded in higher volumes than ever before. To protect against the risk of malpractice, many firms and legal teams are documenting each step towards a matter’s completion. However, 25% of respondents in ILTA’s 2020 Technology Survey stated Excel was their primary project management tool, which is not ideal for productivity or collaboration.
Tasks is built directly into the NetDocuments interface and helps lawyers track matters and workflows more efficiently, regardless of complexity. Using Tasks, legal teams can track work across every matter they’re involved in, collaborate on documents securely, and keep important notes on every action item.
Data LossPrevention (DLP)
Zero Trust Security strategies are growing in popularity, and cybersecurity professionals require tools that allow them to prevent malicious or naïve actions on content from within their organization. That’s why this year, we added DLP to our security portfolio.
DLP allows security professionals to easily classify content, create and enforce policies that control user actions, and prevent documents from leaving the security
of NetDocuments with only a few clicks.
The pandemic has highlighted the need for companies to have actionable data. Firms need to understand how their core technologies, like a document management system (DMS), are performing and how users are working within them. These insights can help professionals improve performance from both technology and user perspectives—ultimately resulting in a more efficient legal team.
Through Analytics companies can access data analysis and visualization tools to turn a wealth of user activity, system performance, and team collaboration data into deep insights to unlock the full potential of NetDocuments.
This first release of Analytics specifically provides insights into company’s Cabinets and Repositories. Cabinet Analytics provides the data necessary to understanding how your team works so you can identify areas for improvement and targeted training, ultimately maximizing the ROI of NetDocuments. Repository Analytics gives you a view into system speed, usage, and more so you can easily monitor system performance and always know you’re getting the most out of your investment.
New Leadership for New Growth
Every successful business knows that to get to the next level, you need the right people. We are proud to have welcomed three new leaders to our team this year who are driving growth in key business units: Hugo Doetsch (CFO), Ken Robinson (CMO), and Reza Parsia (Vice President of Partnerships).
Recognized in Legal and Beyond
We had 5 team members recognized for various awards across the nation. Each of these awards is a testament to the care and thoughtfulness we put into every new hire. We seek out individuals who will bring new perspectives and experiences to the table that ultimately result in meaningful innovations for our customers, the industry, and business as a whole.
1. Reza Parsia, VP of Partnerships, was recognized on CRN’s list of Most Influential Channel Chiefs. Over the past year, he’s taken our partnership program to the next level by growing program requirements, maximizing partner benefits, and driving new sales enablement resources specifically for partners. All of these improvements led our partnership program to additionally be named in CRN’s 2020 Cloud Partner Program Guide.
2. Claudia Reese, recently promoted to VP of Human Resources at NetDocuments, was named a ‘HR Professional of the Year’ from Utah Business Magazine, highlighting her innovative nature and creativity in ‘elevating the human factor’ at NetDocuments. Claudia has been integral in building programs like the Work Inspired Scholarship and has led the upkeep of company morale throughout the pandemic.
3. Elizabeth (Liz) Benegas, General Counsel, was named ‘Legal Professional of the Year’ by Utah Business Magazine, recognizing her leadership, innovation, and responsiveness with which she serves NetDocuments. Liz has built the legal function at NetDocuments from the ground up with a focus on cross-functional relationships and collaboration.
4. Alvin Tedjamulia, Co-founder and CTO, was nominated for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from ILTA. Alvin, a pioneer in the industry, has dedicated his career to delivering cutting-edge and state-of-the-art technology that solve Legal’s most pressing challenges. In fact, many of the technologies Alvin has created even 20 or 30 years ago are still relied on today by legal professionals, the cloud-based NetDocuments system being at the forefront of those technologies.
5. Michelle Lundberg, Director of Product Marketing, was listed on ILTA’s Young Professionals to Watch. Michelle has grown the product marketing team into a powerful engine for innovation, driving success for both our business and customers by focusing her team’s attention on bringing products to market in ways that help lawyers work inspired in meaningful ways every day.
Congratulations to those recognized and thank you for exemplifying what it means to Work Inspired and drive success throughout the business and for our customers!
Resources to Help You Make the Right Choice for Your Team
Selecting any new piece of technology, particularly one as important as a DMS, is difficult and complicated. It’s also not something lawyers are taught in law school. That’s why we want to ensure that it’s a decision that only has to be made once—and it’s the right one.
There are numerous resources in our online library that exist to help arm legal professionals with the knowledge required to properly assess the latest technologies and how to make the change management process as seamless as possible. Here are a few that you may find useful:
1. The Definitive Guide to Document Management is an in-depth look at how a DMS can benefit your firm or legal team. This guide will help you understand how a DMS can support your team’s performance and how to find the right system to meet your needs.
2. The guide What Dropbox is Not a DMS and What You Should Be Looking For explores why so many small and medium firms and corporate legal departments a reutilizing consumer-grade content storage like Dropbox, and the risks that’s posing not only to your content security but your productivity as well.
3. In a recent webinar, DMS Migration Myths Debunked, the discussion provides real-world insights into what happens when you settle for bad technology and what it actually takes to successfully onboard your team onto a new DMS.
4. On the blog is an article, What Cloud Architecture of a Legal DMS is and Why it Matters, which explains the various types of cloud architecture, and the benefits and drawbacks of each. You’ll learn what’s happening behind the scenes and get intelligent, insightful questions to ask prospective technology vendors.
5. Lawyers are wasting time on administrative tasks, and the article, Why Firms Are Missing Out on Yearly Revenue and How to Fix It, uncovers strategies to help firms overcome onerous tasks and reclaim time to drive revenue and success across the business.
We look forward to developing even more meaningful content in 2021 that will not only educate, but additionally help law firms and legal teams predict what’s ahead for the legal tech industry, equipping them with the knowledge they need to stay ahead of future developments.
Discover What Inspires You
At times, inspirations has felt scarce this year. But more often than not, it was easier to find than we expected. We have been inspired every day by the feedback from our customers, partners, and the industry as a whole.
When our customers told us how they were able to continue working even in the face of natural disasters, or when our partners told us how they were able to deploy our ORGANIZE solution in a weekend to help a firm meet emergency COVID-19 requirements going into effect the following Monday, we were inspired to keep pushing forward with the development of our 40+ new technologies, features, and updates.
Our customers and partners continue to inspire us and keep sight of the innovation and creativity we started out with over two decades ago.
As you look ahead to 2021 we invite you to rediscover what inspires you. Maybe like us you are looking for ways to build upon your past success. Maybe you yearn to learn a new skill that will broaden your horizons. Or maybe it’s as simple as a well-organized spreadsheet. Whatever it is, find it. Hold onto it. And use it to drive you to Work Inspired.