Salt Lake City,Utah– October 24, 2023 – NetDocuments, the world’s #1 trusted cloud platform where legal professionals do their best work, announced at its annual user conference, Inspire, the general availability of PatternBuilder MAX, which includes nine “out-of-the-box” apps that incorporate generative AI to address the most common legal use cases.
These pre-built PatternBuilder MAX apps – known as Studio Apps – live within the ndMAX Studio and were designed based on insights and AI use cases from 100s of NetDocuments customers. Studio Apps give legal teams the ability to leverage generative AI immediately, automating everyday legal activities while integrating their own documents and standards into the workflow. The nine Studio Apps released today include:
- Summarize: Generates a summary of a document that you select in NetDocuments. Firms can generate a general summary or apply a summary template for specialized use cases (depositions, loan agreements, etc.).
- Drafting: Automatically drafts a new document, allowing users to select a prior precedent document as an example or draft a document from scratch based on custom instructions. This can include analyzing a patent application rejection letter and writing an appropriate appeal, taking a fact sheet and drafting a new lease, or rejections to demand letters.
- Extract: Automatically extracts one or more entities from the selected document, and resulting data can then be saved to a database, written into a document, or both. This app is ideal for identifying and storing contract data.
- Contract Playbook: Instantly analyze an agreement based on the selected contract playbook, including organization-specific contract playbooks that analyze any type of desired agreement.
- Timeline: Generates a timeline of events based on the selected text.
- Translate: Automatically translates text from one language into another, supporting over a dozen languages.
- Compare: Compares two documents based on custom criteria that the user provides.
- Continue Draft: Quickly drafts the next section of a document based on prior content in the document. Optionally, users can include prior precedents to enhance the quality of the draft further.
- Query Document: Ask one or more questions of a document stored in NetDocuments, ensuring quick answers even when buried in lengthy, complex documents.
“In talking with customers, we started to see very common themes around the use cases they wanted apps built for,” stated Dan Hauck, Chief Product Officer, NetDocuments. “Our Studio Apps not only address these common use cases but empower our customers to get started quickly with generative AI.We’ll continue to build more Studio Apps and make them available to our customers.”
The Studio Apps can be used “as is” or modified based on a firm’s unique needs, making PatternBuilder MAX unique in its ability to adapt to specific requirements of legal professionals looking to leverage generative AI.
Greg Siskind, founding partner of Siskind Susser, PC - Immigration Lawyers, and a power user of PatternBuilder, is now leveraging PatternBuilder MAX to focus on unique immigration cases for his firm.
He shares, “ndMAX and PatternBuilder MAX are the best approaches we’ve seen to using generative AI for document automation. It gives our team greater control to create prompts and produce detailed, reliable documents - from simple to complex. The success of NetDocuments’ approach with PatternBuilder MAX comes from leveraging AI that is powered by a firm’s own work product and insights - so all of our experience and knowledge is right there in the documents we save, and these tools tap into that.”
This announcement comes as NetDocuments hosts its annual user conference, Inspire,giving attendees direct access to PatternBuilder MAX in addition to 11different AI-themed keynotes, thought leadership panels, product education sessions, and app-building workshops to further increase familiarity and comfort with NetDocuments’ responsible AI efforts.
Additional Studio Apps will be published and made available through ndMAX Studio on an ongoing basis. For more details, or to request a demo, click here.
# # #