How Can NetDocuments Help You Maintain Compliance?
Oct 24, 2019
Compliance as a Service, or CaaS, is crucial to the NetDocuments security platform. Customers using our service inherit each of our security and compliance measures, giving them access to some of the most robust document security in the world.
By providing these services to our customers, I.T. leaders and teams can relax knowing that the technical side of their security and compliance is taken care of and devote more of their valuable resources to solving the human-side of information risk.
What compliance services does NetDocuments offer?
The entire NetDocuments platform is regularly audited by independent third parties to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. To help validate its compliance status, NetDocuments maintains specification under many security frameworks, including:
- ISO 27001: This specification involves a well-known framework of security best practices. Organizations who adapt to this framework achieve an ISO 27000 certification.
- ISO 27018: Guidance for cloud service providers who process personally identifiable information.
- HIPAA: An acronym for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, HIPAA is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
- Type 2 SOC 2+: A Service Organization Control 2 Type 2 is an annual independent auditors report regarding the design and effectiveness of the security controls NetDocuments has in place.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3: FIPS 140-2 is a U.S. government computer security standard used to approve cryptographic modules. Security mechanisms required at Security Level 3 are intended to have a high probability of detecting and responding to attempts at physical access, use or modification of the cryptographic module.
Our single, global instance of software allows you to take advantage of these audits and certifications via pass-through compliance. Additionally, NetDocuments provides the following additional security services:
- State-of-the-art security modules: Our hardware security module is basically a vault that stores your keys in a safe way.
- Virus, malware, ransomware protection: We provide these updates complimentary to all of our customers.
- Multi-level user authentication: This helps ensure the right people access the right data and prevents easy access for hackers.
- Regular testing: We focus on proactive, ongoing testing and evaluation for threats.
- Separation of duties: We keep people in check and have visibility on each person who accesses information.
- Documentation of compliance: We keep track of what we’re doing so you don’t have to.
What are the benefits of having a CaaS solution on a private cloud?
CaaS systems are cloud-based, which means that those operating from a public cloud can find themselves facing serious threats to security. That’s because when you use a shared network, you’re at more risk of being exposed through malicious viruses or attachments. Accidental deletions, virus-laced attachments, or external sharing of private documents can also contribute to increased vulnerability.
That’s why NetDocuments uses a private cloud that is protected by a team of security experts with vast knowledge about how to mitigate concerns. Most importantly, a private cloud means fewer eyes on you—and your data. This is essential for compliance and ensuring that all data is closely monitored and protected. Additionally, we provide state-of-the-art security and compliance measures that are periodically validated by third-party auditors to ensure your data will always be backed up, safe, and protected.
If you’re interested in learning more about the compliance benefits that NetDocuments customers enjoy all over the world, schedule a demo today.