NetDocuments Privacy Statement
NetDocuments Software, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “NetDocuments”) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy by developing and deploying technology intended to give you a powerful and safe online experience. We want you to use our websites and the NetDocuments services (the “Services”) with the knowledge that any Personal Information (as defined in Section 1.1) you give us is held in accordance with the law. We have written this Privacy Statement to tell you:
- What Personal Information we collect about you when you use the ND Websites (as defined below);
- Whom we may share your Personal Information with;
- The legal basis for using your Personal Information;
- How we store your Personal Information and how long we retain it;
- Your rights relating to your Personal Information; and
- How we protect your Personal Information.
The “ND Websites” (www.netdocuments.com and www.netdocuments.co.uk) are provided to convey information to you about the Services. The ND Websites contain things such as literature, demos, and company information. From the ND Websites, you can choose to allow NetDocuments to communicate with you regarding your interests.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NETDOCUMENTS PROVIDES CONTENT HOSTING SERVICES TO ITS CUSTOMERS (EACH, A “CUSTOMER”) AS PART OF THE SERVICES. ALL INFORMATION UPLOADED BY A NETDOCUMENTS CUSTOMER IS CONTROLLED BY THAT CUSTOMER, AND NETDOCUMENTS ONLY PROCESSES SUCH INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS AGREEMENT WITH THAT CUSTOMER AND THE REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU BELIEVE THAT A NETDOCUMENTS CUSTOMER HAS UPLOADED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT THAT CUSTOMER REGARDING ANY REQUEST TO ACCESS, REVIEW, MODIFY, OR DELETE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION. NETDOCUMENTS CANNOT REMOVE OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED IN THE SERVICES.
1. Personal Information We Collect About You When You Use The ND Websites:
When you use the ND Websites, NetDocuments may collect the following:
- Personal Information You Share with NetDocuments. “Personal Information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable person, such as your name and email address, telephone number, organization name, username and login information, and billing details such as bank details or credit card information, and it is collected when you:
- Fill out an inquiry form on the ND Websites;
- Request our newsletter;
- Ask for a brochure or other information;
- Contact us by mail, email, or phone;
- Purchase Services from us; or
- Access and use the Services.
- Automatically-Collected Information. We may gather certain information from you when you visit the ND Websites, such as:
- Log and device data, e.g., your IP address, operating system, browser information, and device name;
- Location information, including your business address;
- The URL that referred you to the ND Websites;
- The number of times you visited the ND Websites; and
- The pages that you visit on the ND Websites.
- Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources. NetDocuments may work with other organizations such as internet search engines, marketing organizations, and cookie providers who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
2. Personal Information We May Obtain From Third Parties:
Links to Other Sites. The ND Websites contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by NetDocuments. Please be aware that if you click on one of these links or sites that is not controlled by NetDocuments, you may be subject to privacy policies of the owner of that site. NetDocuments is not responsible for the privacy practices of other companies or websites.
Single Sign-On. You share information about your activities on the ND Websites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form.
3. Whom We May Share Your Personal Information With:
Sharing your Personal Information with Other Third Parties. NetDocuments may share Personal Information about you with certain third parties to:
- Send you emails or other communications, including Services-related notices and marketing content (subject to your rights to opt out of certain communications);
- Our business partners, suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors in connection with the provision of the Services;
- Our website providers who keep the ND Websites up and running;
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyze information regarding use of the ND Websites;
- Enforce the NetDocuments Terms of Service (www.netdocuments.com/termsofservice), prevent fraud, or respond to security issues;
- If we are required by law and/or to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or service agreements. This includes lawful requests by public or legal authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements in matters related to how your Personal Information is used and maintained, and exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- In the event NetDocuments goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, sale of all or a portion of its assets, or bankruptcy. You will be notified via a prominent notice on the ND Websites for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Anonymized information and aggregated information that does identify you is not considered Personal Information and may be shared with interested parties for any NetDocuments’ business purpose.
4. The Legal Basis For Using Your Personal Information:
The law only allows us to use your Personal Information in certain limited circumstances, which we have listed below:
- Where you consent to NetDocuments using your Personal Information. For example, when you submit information to us on the ND Websites (e.g., by requesting a demo of the Services), we will process that information to comply with your request for further information. This may include sharing your Personal Information with one of our trusted partners to help facilitate responding to your request. Trusted partners may include trainers, resellers, and implementation or integration specialists.
- To perform under the contract we have with you. Examples of how we may use your Personal Information to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you are:
- To provide the Services you have requested.
- To administer the Services, process your payment, and provide you with other requested services.
- Where it is related to NetDocuments’ legitimate interests. We consider that we have a legitimate interest in providing you with marketing information about NetDocuments products and services similar to those that you have subscribed to or inquired about. We will give you the option to opt-out of receiving further communications at the time that you give us your Personal Information and every time we send you a marketing email or letter.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation. Examples of how we may use your Personal Information to fulfil a legal obligation are:
- To keep records for tax purposes.
- To comply with requests from local, state, or federal governments or law enforcement officials.
- To comply with any judicial, administrative, or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, thisPrivacy Statement, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
5. How We Store And Protect Your Personal Information:
Storage of Personal Information. We are committed to ensuring that we have appropriate technical, administrative, organizational, and physical safeguards in place to ensure that your Personal Information is protected against loss or misuse. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on NetDocuments’ secure servers or on secure servers operated by reputable third-party vendors. By using the ND Websites, you authorize NetDocuments to transfer, store, and process your Personal Information in the United States or any other country in which NetDocuments or its affiliates and subcontractors maintain facilities or operations.
Retention of information. We only hold your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
6. Your Rights In And To Your Personal Information:
Accessing Personal Information. You have the right to access the Personal Information about you that we control. If you wish to receive a copy of that Personal Information, please contact email@example.com or write to us at our postal address listed below.
Revoking Consent and Restricting Processing of your Personal Information. In those circumstances where we process your Personal Information through your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Additionally, in certain circumstances, you may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing some or all of your Personal Information. To learn more about or exercise these rights, you may contact NetDocuments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing or Deleting your Personal Information. You can ask NetDocuments at any time to change, amend, or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you. You can request that we change, amend, or delete your information or restrict our use of such information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing. You have the right to opt out of direct marketing communications from us. To exercise this right, you may contact NetDocuments at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of marketing communications using the link provided in any marketing email from NetDocuments. If you do not opt out of receiving mailings, NetDocuments will communicate with you (generally by email or the NetDocuments support website) to provide support, request feedback, provide marketing and service information, request marketing input, and provide special offers and incentives related to NetDocuments. Please note that if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive Service-related communications unrelated to marketing, such as transaction confirmations and responses to requests.
Blogs and Forums. The ND Websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access the ND Websites. We are not responsible for any Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums or other community sites. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the ND Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your prior consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Rights of California Users. California law provides California residents with additional rights. For more information about these rights and how to exercise them, please see our California Privacy Notice.
Right to prevent automated decision making. You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your Personal Information is transferred by us to another organization (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at email@example.com with the details of your request.
Australian Privacy Act. If you are domiciled in Australia, NetDocuments complies with the Australian Privacy Act, to the extent applicable to NetDocuments. You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from NetDocuments at any time.
Contact your Local Supervisory Authority. At all times, you are free to contact and/or lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority regarding the privacy concerns that you may have.
7. International Transfers Of Personal Information:
If you have questions or concerns about how your Personally Identifiable Information may be used by NetDocuments, you may contact our Compliance Department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 866-NET-DOCS (866-638-3627). If you believe your PII has been inappropriately used, in addition to contacting NetDocuments directly, you may also open a formal, independent Privacy Shield case at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield.
NetDocuments has further committed to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from NetDocuments, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
European Union Model Clauses. NetDocuments offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer data. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating Model Clauses, is available by emailing email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If NetDocuments decides to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes to this Privacy Statement on the ND Websites and any other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of the changes. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Personal Information
NetDocuments does not knowingly receive, maintain, user, or transfer the Personal Information of any person under the age of 18. NetDocuments’ Services and the ND Websites are not directed to children, and if you are aware of any child who has provided NetDocuments his or her Personal Information we ask you please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Our postal address is:
NetDocuments Software, Inc.
2500 W Executive Pkwy Suite 300
Lehi, UT 84043
8th Floor Reading Bridge House
Reading RG1 8LS UK
NetDocuments Australia Pty Limited
PO Box 1261
North Sydney NSA 2059
Last updated: June 16, 2020
Copyright ©2020 NetDocuments Software, Inc. All rights reserved.